Saturday, 17 November 2012

WHAT LIES WITHIN: COVER

I got to see the jacket for the novel this week. It's an emotional, disquieting event, seeing whether it lives up to your expectations, if it captures the themes and mood of the book. I think it's a wonderful evocation of an autumnal Dartmoor, the copper-coloured bracken and brooding sky continuing onto the spine and back. I love the crows converging and there are some lovely illustration touches inside as well. If you click the image it should enlarge.

Hardback jacket
There's more about it on my website, including a clever little 'countdown to publication' widget I made.

6 comments:

Tania Hershman said...

Wow. Stunning! Congratulations!

TOM VOWLER said...

Thanks Tania. Great stuff re TLS.

Sue Guiney said...

It's really a beautiful and haunting image, Tom. Congrats.

TOM VOWLER said...

Thanks Sue. Will email you when I get a moment.

chillcat said...

Impressive. And very brooding. I'm sure you can't wait to hold a copy!

Roger Bourke White Jr said...

This cover looks great! It definitely brings attention to your book.
With my covers, I tried to keep them all incredibly similar. That way, readers would know they are part of the same series (I call it Technofiction.)