Friday, 1 April 2011

SOME WEEK

It was thrilling to see The Method make the longlist of the Edge Hill Prize - I’m still rather overwhelmed by the great reception the book’s had. There are some extraordinarily talented names on that list, so with no expectations of making the shortlist in May, I’ll cross some fingers anyway.

And then the day got even better. I’ve been working on the novel with an agent at AM Heath, and this week they signed me up. I’m off up to Lundin Town to meet him next week, walking through the same door a certain George Orwell used to. All very humbling.

Happy, as they say, days.

6 comments:

Tania Hershman said...

Whoo-hoo, congratulations on both counts! Brilliant! Worthy of resurrecting the blog... or how about a new blog now?

TOM J VOWLER said...

Thank you, Ms H, for all your support and encouragement, which has been both expert and inspiring.

Paul said...

Excellent news, Mr. Vowler! I'm delighted for the payoff your hard work and obvious talent are earning you.

TOM J VOWLER said...

Thank you muchly, Mr L.

debutnovelist said...

Hi Tom
Many congrats on your success and hope that agent meeting was all you hoped for (with or without cake!) I agree with Tania. time for the 'road to publication' blog.

TOM J VOWLER said...

Thanks, Alison.

Will have a think about the blog.