Thursday, 21 October 2010

THE INBOX WAITS

Remember the novel? Not mentioned it for a while. Well, these things rarely happen with alacrity, but a literary agent has asked to read it, so I await his verdict. Hopefully he’ll love it. But even then he has to feel able to place it, to sell it. Anyway, I’ll let you know.

Meanwhile if you’re near my lovely town of Tavistock next Wednesday 27th October, I’m reading from the collection (as well as from the novel) at the library from 7pm. I think tickets are £2, refreshments provided. So do come along.

Also, I’m interviewed by the talent that is Jen Campbell here, and there’s a chance to win a signed copy of The Method.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Fingers crossed you hear something positive back from the reading and I imagine that inbox is going to get refreshed to within an inch of it's life until you hear. Good luck!

TOM J VOWLER said...

Thanks Jane. If not, well, we have to make a friend of rejection given the frequency of its appearance.

Tania Hershman said...

Fingers all crossed for you! Although you are keeping busy for the moment, aren't you?!

TOM J VOWLER said...

Thank you, Ms H. Not at all busy. As a successful writer yourself, I'm sure you're aware days are spent mostly flouncing about, G&Ts on the veranda, petits fours dropped delicately mouthwards, while we dance naked around obscene royalty cheques.