Thursday, 9 September 2010

IS THAT A BIG PARCEL OR ARE YOU JUST PLEASED TO SEE ME?

The book is back from press. That means it exists, it’s an actual inanimate entity. From a few ideas in my head on the MA, to collection length a couple of years later, to in the postman’s bag tomorrow. To a bookshop near you... All rather exciting really. So you can now buy a copy if you like, direct from Salt, with a discount. Who knows, you may be the first. Sorry to anyone who pre-ordered it on Amazon or the Book Depository: I don’t think they get theirs until the official publication date of November 1st. But I may be wrong.

Anyway, I promise not to go on about it (too much). A big thank you to all those who’ve left comments of encouragement over the last 18 months.

Right, I deserve a pint. Anyone joining me?

7 comments:

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Smashing, congrats, phew.... nothing like it!

Nik Perring said...

Congratulations, Tom! Exciting, exciting!

Tania Hershman said...

Whee! Congratulations! It's so so exciting...!

TOM J VOWLER said...

Thank you, lovely people.

Blake Kimzey said...

Sharing a pint with you stateside. Congrats, my man.

Blake

Anna-Marie said...

Well done! What a great achievement! I've ordered a copy from Salt. Can't wait to read it.

TOM J VOWLER said...

Cheers to that, Blake.

That's great, A-M. Thank you. I hope you enjoy it.